Saturday, August 30, 2008

A tough evening

Gehrig and I said good-bye to my mom this morning. She was pretty sad so I spent most of the day worrying about her. But now I'm home alone (Mike's working this weekend) and Gehrig's asleep, and it's sinking in that I might not see my momma for four years. I've never been away from my parents for that long. That's not even what I'm so sad about though. I'm terribly sad that Gehrig's not gonna be able to be close to his Grandma and Pop-pop. He'll see pictures and talk to them on the phone and stuff, but it's not the same. He might not even really meet them until he's four! This makes me terribly sad, and I just want to cry.

The life of a missionary kid and missionary grandkid, I guess. For all the good points, there are definitely bad points too. Poor little Gehrig is the one who suffers this bad point, even though he may not realize it.

until...
Liz

PS Don't think I wish I weren't an MK. I wouldn't trade that for the world. I'm just sad about this particular aspect.

No comments: